Inspiring Life Design Blogroll
UK Money Blogger Sites
Here is a selection of UK Money Blogger Sites who I visit on a regular basis:
- UK Money Bloggers - I would be remiss not to mention the UK money bloggers site first!
- Be Clever With Your Cash - written by Andy Webb who founded UK Money Bloggers. Andy also runs the Be Clever With Your Cash podcast as well as appearing in numerous radio and magazine features
- Emma Drew - I had the pleasure of meeting Emma and her husband Tony at Fincon in 2017. She is a prolific blogger and entrepreneur, helping her readers find ways to make and save money. You can also find her on YouTube where her Poundland videos prove particularly popular. I have taken Emma’s Turn Your Dreams Into Money blog course and can highly recommend it if you are interested in finding ways to monetise and optimise your blog (whether you have started one already or are completely new to blogging)
Financial Independence/Early Retirement Sites
Below is a list of the many Financial Independence, Retire Early (F.I.R.E.) blogs which I have come across and enjoy reading. I hope you enjoy following the journeys to financial freedom as much as I do!
- Quietly Saving - written by 40-something “weenie”, charting her journey to FIRE before 60
- Financially Free by Forty - written by Huw Davies who actually managed to retire before 40 as a result of investing, online book publishing and keeping expenses low. Huw is currently working on a course to show people how to make money from Kindle publishing
- The FIREstarter - another of my favourite UK financial independence blogs
- The Finance Zombie - Mr Zombie has been writing his blog since September 2014. He’s in his thirties, lives in the West Country and has a goal of retiring by age 45. He comes and goes on his website (last post was Sept 2017) but I find his posts a very fun read
- Early Retirement Guy - Guy is an IT consultant who is writing about his journey to FIRE
- Frugalwoods - artfully written by “Mrs Frugalwoods”, documenting her family’s quest for a frugal lifestyle. Since writing the blog she and her husband have had two daughters and they’ve moved to a homestead (farm) which was always their dream. I had the great fortune to meet them both at Fincon in 2017 where I was fortunate to snap a pic (it was at the closing party which was fancy dress!)
- Our Next Life - written by Tanja who retired at the end of 2017 aged 38 alongside her husband Mark aged 41. You can find their journey to financial independence documented as well as ongoing posts about their adventures now that they have retired early